TEEN DRIVING PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: What the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Requires
Step 1: Student takes Driver Education (DE) and receives a Certificate of Completion.
Step 2: Student goes to the DMV with a Certificate of Completion from DE.
Step 3: When the permit is received, student begins the BTW training.
Step 4: Once the student has completed Behind-the-Wheel training and held a permit for at least 6 months he/she is eligible to take the driving test. (DMV appointment is required)
DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM (Online)
• Teenagers (15½ through 17½) are required to take a 30-hour DE course approved by the DMV before taking the permit test.
• Students may begin taking DE classes as early as age 15.
• If you wish to get your permit when you turn 15½, we suggest that you plan to complete the DE program before that time so that you will be qualified to take the DMV written test.
BEHIND-THE-WHEEL DRIVERS TRAINING
• Teenagers are required by the DMV to drive a minimum of 6 hours with a licensed instructor. This training is conducted in three separate, two-hour classes. During this course, students will learn the basic driving skills necessary to operate a vehicle safely. At the end of 6 hours of training, the driving instructor will issue a Certificate of Completion required by the DMV.
We Offer You:
Free pick-up from home or school
Dual controlled vehicles
Fully insured and safety inspected vehicles
State-licensed, fully trained instructors
• Call us Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm:
We would love to talk to you and answer any questions you might have!